Michigan State trustees apologize to abused women in public meeting

Chairman Brian Breslin asked state Attorney General Bill Schuette to appoint an independent third party to investigate the school as soon as possible to see whether any other employees at Michigan State were complicit in allowing serial sexual predator Larry Nassar to abuse girls and young women on campus for almost two decades. "I've always worked with the proper authorities when dealing with the cases of sexual assault".

It was Hollis who conceived the idea for Michigan State to play Kentucky in basketball at Detroit's Ford Field in 2003, and the arrangement of the court in that vast venue became the template for the NCAA's stadium setup at Final Fours since 2009.

On Wednesday, an Ingham County judge sentenced Nassar to a minimum of 40 years in state prison at the end of a weeklong hearing. Nike responded with a letter and a phone call to Hannum, who says she's pleased with the response.

The committee's investigation comes as Michigan State athletic director Mark Hollis announced his retirement Friday.

Lemke said outgoing MSU President Lou Anna Simon and other officials cared more about institutional repercussions and legal factors than they did about the students.

Hollis has served as MSU's 18th athletics director since January 1, 2008.

Lemke recalls being called to an emergency team meeting at Michigan State University in September 2016 where she was told that Nassar had been accused of sexual assault.

Nassar was a doctor for USA Gymnastics, as well as Michigan State.

Читайте также: USA Gymnastics board leaders resign amid Larry Nassar scandal

And one of the protest organizers says the problem didn't start or stop with Simon's resignation.

Michigan State University trustees chose a university vice president Friday to until an interim president is chosen.

The Michigan attorney general is going to review how Michigan State handled the Nassar case, per the school's request.

Meanwhile, USA Gymnastics director Michael Burns, the head men's coach for the University of Minnesota, said Friday that he resigned from the organization's board, making him at least the fifth member to step down over the Nassar scandal. She said in a statement that what happened at the school is "abhorrent" and "cannot happen ever again - there or anywhere". MSU campus police and Title IX investigations began.

According to Hollis' contract, the former MSU Athletic Director is still eligible to receive two complimentary stadium tower passes for the football season, upon its expiration.

The protest, titled "March for Survivors and Change at MSU", will be held on Friday.

Students interviewed by MLive expressed support for Simon's decision to resign. Let us be known as a school that listens to our students.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

  • Joey Payne


IN CASE YOU MISSED IT